Sunday, June 29, 2008

Make a Financial Roadmap

Now that I have written down my goals and have placed them where I can see them everyday, I need to define where I am at right now.  No, I don't mean where I am physically, but where I am at financially.  I need to write down all that I own and all that I owe.  A balance sheet of my assets and liabilities.  All of my liabilities.  That is a little scary.  To actually face where I am financially.  Ok, here goes..........What, did you really think I was going to write it down here?  No way.  But I will make you a  deal, this time next year I will show what my balance sheet showed for today.  I about fell over when I did it, not quite ready to admit it to anyone else just yet.  

I think of my balance sheet and my goals as my financial roadmap.  Now I know where I am and where I want to be.  Like going from LA to New York.  There are many different routes I can take to get to my destination, but some are more direct than others.  Now I need to decide which route is the best one for me.  I would really like to attain my one year goals as fast as possible!  So I am going to research the fastest route to my goals.  I have actually started that by starting this blog.  I am keeping myself accountable by proclaiming to the world my goal of financial freedom.

No comments: