Sunday, July 6, 2008

Find Your Cash Machine

One of the speakers I really enjoyed listening to at Wealth Mastery was Loral Langemeier. She had a no nonsense approach to finances. Her first steps are where are you right now in your finances and where do you want to be. How much passive income will you need to have total financial freedom? I know that I don't really know what that amount is so I am guessing and stating $100,000 a year. Broken down that is $8,333 a month or $2,083 a week or $416 a day. I can't even imagine the $100,000 but $416 a day I can imagine. No, not that I have any idea of how I would do that, but it is a number that is easier for me to believe.

Now that I have a goal, I need to make my cash machine. What is a way I can go out and make money outside of my job within 1 to 2 months? This was very hard for me. She said to do what you know. Take skills you already have and use them, not necessarily the dream job you want or the dream business you would like to open. That can come later, for now you just find a way to use the job skills you have now as a part time business. This is easier if you are lets say a teacher. You could tutor on the side, or even better open a tutoring business where you are the manager and you hire other teachers to tutor. She makes it sound so easy. Well, I have no idea how to take my job and turn it into a part time business. It is not as cut and dried as being a teacher. So I have decided to use not my job skills, but my job experiences. I am going to start a website geared to my industry. And since I work in the entertainment industry, maybe I can attract the general public as well. Seems like everyone likes to read about Hollywood.

I actually have a free coaching session that Loral gave me with one of her millionaire coaches and will see if the coach agrees that this should be my cash machine. I will blog about it after the meeting!

No comments: