Sunday, July 13, 2008

Spend Less and Make More

I was just talking to my sister about why people can't lose weight.  We disagreed.  I think the only real reason people are fat is because they eat too much and/or exercise too little.  Bottom line.  So eat less or exercise more.  To speed up the process do both.  I am not saying that a few people actually do not have a medical reason, sure a few do.  And the real psychological reason people eat too much is varied: comfort, love, loneliness, control, etc.

Now my question is why are so many of us struggling with money?  I think there are the same psychology going on here.  And to fix money woes is very similar to fixing weight problems.  Spend less or make more.  To fix your money problems faster do both!

Nobody likes to hear spend less.  They are fearful of losing their standard of living.  Rightly so.  I am not saying eat top ramon every meal, never buy new clothes, never eat out.  But I know all of us can cut some spending.  Do you really need to go to Starbucks everyday?  Eat out so often?  Buy the supersize?  A little savings here and there can really add up.  And big savings will add up even faster.  

To make more money find your cash machine.  (see cash machine in blog archive)

Add more value.  The only way people make more money is by adding more value.  Why are NBA players paid so much?  How hard can it be to go and play a game of hoops?  Their pay is based on the perceived value the fans feel.  The more value they add to the game the higher their pay.  Think of ways to add more value to your job. 

No comments: